Photograph of Marlinton circa 1910
1.) When is garbage pickup in Marlinton? There are no certain times, just certain days.
· Monday- Business and Stillwell Park
· Tuesday- Lower End of Town to Greenbrier Hill. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th Street
· Wednesday- Business + 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Avenue
· Thursday- Thomas Town, Smith Addition, Hamilton Hill, and Lake Street
· Friday- Business, Riverside, and Campbelltown
2.) How much are water rates for an unoccupied home? How much are regular water rates?
Water rates for an unoccupied home and regular rate are the same.
A flat rate water bill 0-4,000 gallons $51.73.
Sewer flat rate 0-4,000 gallons are $34.37.
3.) How much is the fire fee for homes and businesses?
- Residence Owned- $25.00-Annually
- Residence with business- $25.00 plus $50.00 for Business – Annually
- Business Owned- $75.00- Annually
- Additional Businesses in the same building- $50.00 –Annually
- Utilities- $300.00- Annually
- Business(employment over 25)- $300.00- Annually
- Business Building with Apartments- $75.00 plus $50.00 for additional business and $8.00 for each apartment- Annually
- Banks- $300.00- Annually
- Schools(for all school buildings)- $400.00 – Annually
- Church Buildings- Exempt
- Other Church Property- Same rate as above class property
- Hotels, Motels, Restaurants- Business Class
- Apartment Buildings- $25.00 plus $8.00 per apartment- Annually
- Apartment Buildings with Business- $25.00 plus $50.00 per business plus $8.00 per apartment- Annually
- Garage Apartments- $17.00 plus $8.00 per apartment
- Free Standing Dentist Office- $75.00
- Free Standing Insurance Office- $75
- Free Standing Doctor Office, Law Office, Barber Shop- $75.00
- Out of Town Fire Calls(per occurrence, Exempt if fire fee is paid)- $500
- Vehicle Extractions(per occurrence)- $500.00
- Entrapments- $500.00
- Grass, Brush and Forest Fires- $500.00
- Hazardous Material Insurances- $500.00 for first two hours, $50.00 per unit(vehicle) per hour thereafter. Use of CO2 Detector and personnel $50.00 per hour (1 hour min.)
4.) What are the Curfew Hours in Marlinton?
· There is a curfew from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m which means no one under 18 shall be allowed to remain in any public place in the town of Marlinton.
· Events should terminate after 10:30 p.m.; f they do not the sponsor needs to contact the Mayor’s Office of such activity.